Director, Manufacturing Operations
The person in this position, reporting to the VP of Operations, will play a significant role in the overall success of the Operations Team. A qualified candidate will assume responsibility for all Manufacturing activities and all Manufacturing related Engineering functions at Nuvaira including Sustaining Engineering, Process Development Engineering, and Facilities Management. He/she will lead a growing team of professionals to successfully attain production targets, yield and cost objectives, and LEAN manufacturing initiatives while maintaining full accordance with the company’s Quality Management System (QMS). This position interfaces regularly with representatives from Supply Chain, Quality, R&D Engineering, and Finance.
- Direct multiple functional, departmental, and organizational initiatives concurrently.
- Lead Manufacturing and Engineering teams to collect and analyze relevant process data.
- Promote use of this data to identify, explore, and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
- Establish relevant and SMART functional goals and priorities that support Nuvaira corporate objectives.
- Support utilization of LEAN manufacturing tools to identify Value Stream inefficiencies and facilitate effective corrective actions.
- Work in tandem with the Supply Chain Director to establish and implement production planning and scheduling initiatives. Establish production priorities and analyze and report on manufacturing performance.
- Engage with R&D leadership to design for manufacturability or prepare for Process Development as new products are brought through the design process.
- Interface with cross departmental leaders to ensure all Facility requirements are met, including building maintenance, organizational seating and layouts, and lease management matters.
- Expand utilization of the QAD ERP system to report on and manage the following:
- Labor efficiency
- Yield attainment
- Resource planning
- Inventory and product transactions
- Work with Finance and the VP of Operations to build and support effective annual operating budgets. Monitor and address spending variances throughout the budget period.
- Additional duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline. Advanced degree in Engineering or Management related field is a plus.
- 5+ years Engineering management experience in Medical Device industry.
- Experience leading a Manufacturing organization in a LEAN environment.
- Hands-on individual contributor and a proven leader.
- Skilled in ERP systems (QAD knowledge a plus).
- Working knowledge of cGMP, QSR and MDR.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent relationship building and collaboration skills with the ability to motivate and influence others.
- Ability to organize and present data effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Proven willingness to make tough decisions and exhibit sound judgement.
- Ability to develop relationships and interact effectively with both internal and external customers.
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Nuvaira is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
Apply by sending your resume to [email protected]