Sr. Director, Economic Value & Reimbursement
The Sr. Director, Economic Value & Reimbursement (EVR) will lead the market access function for Nuvaira, and develop the economic value proposition to secure U.S. coverage, coding and payment for TLD. Incumbent will build and lead a team responsible for executing reimbursement strategies that optimize coverage, coding and payment policies by governments and private insurance companies to accelerate therapy adoption at market launch. The Sr. Director, EVR will work with the SVP Global Market Development to develop strategies to advocate for appropriate levels of hospital and physician payment for high-value interventional pulmonary therapies, and engage directly with CMS and payors on coverage, coding, and payment. Functional responsibilities also include market analytics and research, health economic strategy, and integrating the economic and clinical value proposition into the organization’s therapy development plans. Incumbent will also serve as the company expert on US payment policies that impact the company’s current and future product portfolio.
The Sr. Director, EVR will work closely with cross-functional team members in Global Market Development, Science/R&D, Clinical and Regulatory, and present and defend recommendations with senior management on a routine basis. Incumbent will develop and execute internal training programs that explain payor channel risks and opportunities and will build a team of reimbursement specialists and a reimbursement support program for US market launch. The position will require comprehensive knowledge of managed markets and how the various mechanisms of reimbursement affect customer buying decisions. The reimbursement team will also support the contracting process, but not be responsible for it.
This position will be based in our headquarters Minneapolis (Maple Grove) office.
- Develop the economic value proposition to secure U.S. coverage, coding and payment for TLD
- Build and lead a team responsible for executing reimbursement strategies to create positive coverage policies and payment for TLD procedures to support commercial launch
- Market analytics and research to support global economic value proposition and device pricing
- Develop and execute internal training programs that explain payor channel risks and opportunities
- 10+ years of U.S. market access and reimbursement planning and implementation experience in the Medical Technology industry, with a strong preference for experience in the pulmonary field
- Demonstrated success in developing economic value propositions for new products and exceptional knowledge of coding, coverage, and payment policies in the US health system
- Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA or other advanced degree is preferred; health economics background strongly preferred
- Desire to work in a small, fast-paced environment with high levels of responsibility and autonomy and without the structure or internal processes of a large, multinational organization
- Willingness and ability to travel as necessary (up to 25%)
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Nuvaira is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
Apply by sending your resume to [email protected]