Sr. Manufacturing Engineering Technician
The primary focus of this position will be to become the “on the Manufacturing floor” process expert, and to assist the PD/Manufacturing Engineer team with optimization of manufacturing processes for disposable and capital products. The ideal candidate will build good relationships with the production assemblers, understand complex work instructions and be able to effectively communicate/train others to the work instructions.
- Assist in training and providing direction to assemblers following documented processes;
- Provide feedback to assemblers on best practices and techniques;
- Provide equipment and process support to team;
- Escalate more complex issues to engineers and provide assistance as needed to solve issues;
- Collect and analyze data, perform tests, and record results;
- Provide ideas and design input to improve process tooling, fixtures, and equipment;
- Build parts for engineering evaluation;
- Assist engineers with preparing, writing, and executing qualification protocols;
- Assist engineers with writing of Work Instructions and Standard Operating Procedures;
- Support equipment development projects;
- Be aware of and work within compliance of all Regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to FDA, ISO, OSHA and hazardous waste handling
- 2-year Technical Degree and/or 5+ years of medical device manufacturing experience (catheter assembly preferred);
- Experience with process validation work (IQ, OQ and PQ);
- Ability to work independently, following the instructions from an engineer;
- Solid communication and organizational skills;
- Basic computer skills (MS Windows, MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Experience with Solid Works a plus;
- Comfortable in a manufacturing cleanroom environment.
Physical Job Requirements:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Nuvaira is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
Apply by sending your resume to [email protected]